The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DK4 distributor overhaul sources?
(18-11-2017, 01:56 PM)JonE Wrote: that is quite interesting as I found myself looking at the similarities of advance springs from Ruaridh's pictures of the electronic unit innards. It odd that things like these springs haven't been made as a trader project.... or perhaps they have in the past?
Hi JonE,

I had a phase of refurbishing and tuning DK4's a few years back. My experiences are on the Speedex website, here. Even with careful fettling I suspect it'll never be as good as a remanufactured DK4, a proper Bosch or more a modern Lucas. I've fitted a Reliant one with success as mentioned in other threads. That said, the one I removed worked faultlessly for me, it just had a bit of timing scatter when I waved a strobe light at it.

The A7 distributor is quite unusual as it revolves the opposite way to most DK4's. If you're swopping bits about bear this in mind. It's not complicated, just work your way through trying to eradicate as far as possible all the wobbles and sloppiness. I've never tried different springs, selecting a pair that haven't been stretched or mutilated from my stock of bits. I guess a bit of judicious adjustment with a small pair of pliers could tighten up a bent spring so it just grips the post and little brass pivot block?

Hope of use, Dave

Messages In This Thread
DK4 distributor overhaul sources? - by JonE - 17-11-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: DK4 distributor overhaul sources? - by JonE - 17-11-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: DK4 distributor overhaul sources? - by JonE - 18-11-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: DK4 distributor overhaul sources? - by Speedex750 - 18-11-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: DK4 distributor overhaul sources? - by JonE - 20-11-2017, 07:56 PM