The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Fabric Couplings: The Good and the bad
Just to follow up on the comments about failures of the fabric coupling, those that failed were they fitted with new double-ended bolts?

I ask this as a cherished supplier provided me with new double-ended bolts and these were WRONG!

Had I fitted these, I am sure that the fabric coupling would have been seriously stressed.

The main problem with the double-ended bolt is that there is a radius on the shaft where it meets the mating flange - this is not as per the original, they are also too long and the flange itself is too thick! The hole for the split pin was too far down the threaded stud to be of any use.

In fact nothing like a replacement part should be!

Disappointingly, the cherished supplier has not bothered to respond when I raised this with him, I am not at all impressed at a lack of a response.

I had to have the double-ended bolts re-machined by a proper engineer so that the deficiences are corrected - quite why this was not done in the first place is beyond me, so perhaps look at your double-ended bolts.

Next time I will just return the defective parts rather than to try to sort something out with the cherished supplier, as it is I have now overpaid for a part that should have been right in the first place!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fabric Couplings: The Good and the bad - by GK5268 - 05-10-2020, 06:05 PM