The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Fabric Couplings: The Good and the bad
(13-07-2020, 12:05 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: I've just phoned them and spoke to "Derek". They have the dimensions for an A7 and can make batches, with a discount for quantities of five and over. Prices are being emailed - I'll report as soon as Derek hits the keyboard.
I've heard back from them and the news is that they use the original materials as supplied to them for many years. They tell me that their units are the ones supplied to David Cochrane - but did not know if other suppliers of A7 parts were using theirs - or from other makers - as they occasionally receive orders for small batches and where these end up is not known. So, you can buy one or more from them as needed, or direct from David.
A previous quotation from this thread:  "I've done about 15,000 on my last fabric coupling (and still ok). When I bought it, David Cochrane pointed out that the smaller metal plates improved the life. The bigger plates left very little fabric in between them, so not so flexible."
So, there we have it. You pays your money, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fabric Couplings: The Good and the bad - by Tony Griffiths - 14-07-2020, 01:09 PM