The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
bantam turbo
HI STEVE 
Load was less than I expected,timing what i had expected.

Cheers Colin
NZ
Valve train is about as light as can be , don,t know what else could be done ..  The intake closing I look as the best place to get ultimate charge .  The cam gear is adjustable , new gear with old center .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

<p><br></p>
HI STEVE,
What is the part number for the valves.

Cheers Colin
I think they are around 2005  Ford Zetec engine ..  No part numbers

Si  valves  sev 1745-1  portflow  series   STEVE
<p><br></p>
Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing all those photos of your engine, I have enjoyed studying them. 

Your enthusiasm and determination to improve your Austin are just brilliant.

My best wishes for the future and thanks for the kind remarks.

Peter
Steve
Keep up the good work !
The most innovative A7 project for years and thanks for sharing it 
with us .
Geoff
Steve, 
              your engine development work is superb. Can you please tell me what you did for valve guides, were they machined specifically for the job? 
  Best wishes, 
                          Robert.
The Ford valve stem is smaller , my machinist made a insert inside of Austin guide  .  There are different ways to do this ..  A good machinist can do this or make a one piece guide  ..   STEVE

This is flywheel notched 60 notches minus 2 for the Electromotive  ignition .. A magnetic pickup in the case sees the flywheel notches and when the 2 missing notches go by it tells the Engine Control Unit where the crank position is to fire spark plugs ..  The flywheel is not lightened to keep the spinning inertia going between shifts ..  Next is assembling rods and pistons and install of windage tray , oil pump with micron filter on pickup and block to crankcase re enforcing studs (2)  ..  Ali pan is on and 3/8" ARP studs in block with .044 thick solid  copper head gasket ..   STEVE

The adjustable cam timing  gear ,  which is adjustable from where the generator mount was  ( there is no generator and the piece  that covers the cam gear is changed) , you will see that later .  The head is test fitted with ARP washers and 12 point nuts ..  Studs are sealed for water seepage and Loctite ..  The water circulation this year is  from a tank behind driver that will be pumped to the 2 fittings in the head  and to both ends of the block in the port area , (and to turbo for cooling ) then  out the side manifold back to tank .  Things will come together later as assembly goes on ..  STEVE
<p><br></p>
HI STEVE,
Are They ARP Insert washers or plane flat on the head studs.
Cheers colin
NZ
              Washer .750 dia.  ,   nut .625    washer same both sides ..  torque 25#  - 30#
<p><br></p>