The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autosparks wiring diagram?
Hi when I purchased my seven special it came with a new Autosparks An2c wiring loom but no diagram. Unfortunately the car has as yet had no wiring in it at all so I can’t go by what was there originally. Has any used one of these looms or know of where I could find the relevant diagram? I’ve tried the Autosparks website but no joy. I’ve tried with a wiring diagram that I found on the internet for a ruby but the colours don’t match with the colours in the new loom? 
Thanks again in advance 
Aaron
Can you give us a clue as to what your Special is based on? Model, year etc. Some pics of the switch panel, regulator/fuse box, and dynamo will also help.
Hi sorry i believe it was based on a 1934 ruby. It came to me as an unfinished project. The dash panel that came with it is a real mess I’ve added photos of it and the regulator. 
Thanks again for the help 
Aaron                 
Hello Aaron,

please give the specific link for Autosparks An2c you have purchased. May be there are further hints.
A telephone call to Autosparks would be a good starting point, I have always them very helpful.
The regulator you have is not an  Austin Seven part.
have you come across the Dorset site Cornforth wiring diagram - worth checking that .
have you tried emailing Autosparks and asking them for the diagram. I'm sure they will have it on file.
Ok thanks I’ll send them an email. As you say it’s probably the best place to start.
The regulator Was in the box of parts that came with the car I don’t suppose anybody would know the correct one that I need? The wiring system is a little bit of an unknown for me. Are there any other main parts I should be looking for?
Thanks again
Aaron
I'd start from the Cornforth diagram in a large clear room and lay it all out and work out what all the bits are. The regulator isn't original, but then you may not be 6V anymore - you need to scrutinise everything and work out what differs. You probably need a Ruby 6V cutout to get back to original - something like a CFR2 is featured in the Cornforth dia and arent too expensive to find secondhand. In fact, appeal on here...
But you may want to keep some of the charging system if its been "upgraded" (sic) if you can get your read round why and how!
I keep a copy of the wiring diagram to be found on the Essex club site (scroll down a little to find it): https://ea7c.org/technical-advice/

It applies to Ruby wiring but of course can be interpreted/adapted for other models/Specials

It is far easier to follow than most as it is in colour. I have it printed out on A4 and laminated.
Seeing that Essex one reminds me that the ANC2 dia is indeed based on that diagram i.e. from one of the handbooks!