The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mac and Val Bonar
Hello All
Had a request through the A7CA from a gent in South Africa enquiring if Mac and Val are still with us. He lost track of them 10 years ago.
Anyone have any information good or bad?
Many thanks.
Adrian.
Funny you should post that Adrian. I was only thinking yesterday about how Mac and Val might be these days. And I also wonder about Sandy Croall who used to post regularly on this forum. I will look forward to the answers.
I think Sandy Croall is still alive and kicking. This reminds me to give him a bell.
Eddie
Sandy still pops up on Facebook from time to time...
Had a Christmas card from Val which simply said “we are surviving”
Hello David, that sounds like good news.
I will send you a private message.
Many thanks.
Adrian.
Mac Bonar was the founder of this austinsevenfriends forum and managed it entirely for several years as 'The Management'.
He was later assisted by someone named 'Jason' (Wright ?) who had a passing interest but now no longer appears to post or seems to be involved. In reply to another recent query that remains unanswered, who has the key to this site remains a mystery.

Mac and Val are indeed thankfully still with us. Mac has not been very well for a number of years now and is unable to drive his beloved black and yellow short wheelbase Box Saloon OY. He misses that greatly.

They are often in my thoughts.
Following on from the above entries, my guilty conscience kicked in yesterday and I popped round to see Mac and Val Bonar! I’d seen Val just before Christmas and told her I’d come round but what with C-19 and other commitments, it slipped my mind. It’s good to report that they both looked fine and Val being an ex-teacher looks as if she’s more than ‘up for it’ regarding handling Mac’s failing memory! His yellow and black Saloon is now in the hands of their youngest daughter, largely because her husband has some mechanical knowledge but with the prevailing current situation, he has laid it up hopefully as a temporary measure. I will try to keep more in touch in future and keep everyone posted.
That is very good to hear James, thank you for passing the news on.
Thank you James for bringing this good news in an otherwise 'annus horribilis'