The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Ruby
Hi everyone i have bought an Austin Seven Ruby 1935 off my friend , neither of us know much about Austins. He rescued it after 30 years out of a barn less engine . He purchased a rebuilt engine off a well known web site , then his curcumstances changed To what extent it has been rebuilt not known at the moment. I have since found out it is a high frame engine year 1931 so won,t fit my ruby. I am going to have it checked by an expert then sell it or a swap would be good . Car rebuilt so far just stuck on brake shaft siezed solid . Anybody got any thoughts thanks
I suggest you look at http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/PL_1218A.pdf You will probably be able to understand the cross-shaft arrangement better when you have seen it on the parts list. If the inner and outer are siezed/rusted together you may be best to remove the assembly so that it can be soaked in a good penetrant, after which working on the bench will be a lot easier than working under the car.
Robert Leigh