The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Tonneau cover' for AH tourer?
As I rarely put the lid up on my '33 AH tourer, I really need some form of 'tonneau cover' to protect the entire four-seat tub when parked up in rainy, or damp weather.
Ideally this would allow for the front driver/passenger sides to be divided (to allow for sole occupant/two occupants). 
 Has anyone designed/made such thing and would they have a 'plan' or sketches/photos they would be willing to share? Any suggestions would be welcome. Many thanks.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Is this of interest?

It is work in progress, put together in case the car had to live outside for a bit.

Needs a bit more work to become something you might use daily.

Didn't bother with a split for the driver, usually, unless it is hammering down, if you are moving forwards the rain goes over the top.

But a zip would be easy enough.

Ah, I wondered how you were going to fasten it at the front; a flap trapped by the opening windscreen is cunning.
I've not done what you looking for on a Seven but I did do something similar with my P Type Lea Francis. I think the following photos are self explanatory but happy to expand if it helps. The resulting tonneau could be used with just the back or the back and front passenger covered. The tricky bit for a Seven will be where to fit the fastenings for the front of the cover. My Trials Chummy has a one piece tonneau and this fixes to four small right angle brackets at the base of the windscreen. There again, it's a Trials Car so functionality is more important than elegance.

Steve
I don't add extra fixings to take the tonneau, so at the rear there are two holes that slip over the existing lift-a-dots for the hood cover.

The windscreen trapping won't sustain a big puddle of water in the middle.

It needs elastics from the bottom corner of the front flap down to hook under the wing or running board, which would help.

Two more elastics from just behind the doors allows it to be folded and tucked behind the seats as a cover to hide your shopping from passers-by whilst letting them see the instrumentation, etc.
I had forgotten what a lovely car your LeaF was Steve!!
Thank you gentlemen, and great photos, by the way.  I can see an amalgamation of the two ideas forming and will make up a pattern using something from the linen cupboard, and will post photos when complete.  It could be some time...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish