The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas C35M Dynamo
Can anyone out there help with an exploded view of this late model, please.
I know there is one for the C35A, but the M type is quite different being a shunt motor and the driven end (engaging with the camshaft drive) is not the same.
Any help gratefully accepted, I just need to put mine together in the right way.
John A
The only real difference is the bearing housing and the brush holders in my experience
Black Art Enthusiast
    Is this the one you are looking for?
That appears to be the 35A. I have a sketch of a 35M but so many have pieces left out or added not sure if it is original. A description of the parts in order should suffice if someone can oblige.
Many thanks for your thoughts, I'll just list the parts I have in some sort of order (but possibly not the right one)
Split pin; castellated nut; washer; dynamo drive gear; woodruf key; oil thower; retaining plate (cast metal c/w 3 c/sunk holes for m/c srews to bearing housing end plate); roller bearing; stepped bearing washer; dished washer; distance piece; bearing housing end plate.
John A.
Hi John
I asked this exact same question some time back. I posted some pics of the order of assembly plus inputs from Bob and Dave (assy drawing) see the link below. Good luck with it.
Bruce
https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...p?tid=1492
Hi Bruce,

Many thanks for your input, have looked at your earlier posts which are most interesting but have a some questions regarding your photo of line-up parts of the C35M, the answers to which would be of great help to me.
I/ when slid into the housing does the distance piece extend beyond the housing so giving the oil thrower a bit of a gap forward of the housing
2/ moving along your line of parts there is the washed which has a dimple running around it, does the dimple have the crown towards the bearing or the housing
3/ again to the right of photo. what are seventh & eighth parts first some kind of dished washer the next is it a felt washer (I certainly haven't got either of these parts) if so the size if you have it.

Thanks in advance,
John

.jpg   Dynamo drive end bearing.jpg (Size: 37.65 KB / Downloads: 268) Does this drawing help? The oil thrower should be clear of the end cover, and the drive gear should clamp onto the spacer before it meets the step in the shaft so that it clamps the bearing securely. I have come across many where the gear comes up against the shaft step leaving the bearing and armature free to float about. 
The swaged washer fits with the swage towards the bearing inner track leaving the rest clear of the bearing.
I will see if I have a stepped washer, on the right of the bearing, in my spares to measure, whilst the felt seal fits in the recess in the dynamo end cover I usually make these using wad punches which usually take a couple of attempts before i produce a concentric one.
Dave,
Very many thnks for your excellent drawing, just what I needed.
It has answered not only how it all goes together, but also what I'm missing (the cup spacer on your drawiing) and therfore why I ended up with a gap.
So now need to find a cup spacer and would be grateful for info. on what you called a 'wad punch', as I've not come across that term before.
Again my thanks for all the detail you posted, very much appreciated.
John.
A wad punch is for punching holes in jointing. I think I have a spare cup spacer and I'm in Stockport is that anywhere near you?