The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Building a Special Body
Beautiful work Ian. It is a pleasure to look at the care and attention to detail that you have lavished on your Seven. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Stephen
Ian is that an original Lucas Nippy battery cover or a reproduction? Would love one for my Nippy if they have become available.
Lovely work on your special.
Bruce
Thanks for the positive comments, reproduction Lucas battery covers are available from Moss Europe Ltd in the UK, I have also seem reproductions for sale in the States, they were used on MG's and XK Jags. 

We have had a nice day here so I was able to progress further with the etch priming, I always find it a rewarding stage of a project when you can start to chuck a little paint around! 

Black Art Enthusiast
Bruce,

Link to Moss Europe Ltd's reproduction Lucas battery cover for the 1936 to 1939 MG TA and TB - note they will also fit the MGA.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/cover-batt...soc=133411
That is more that I pay for a decent 6v battery......!
Thanks Ian and Jeff. After looking at the Moss site I found another seller offering the cover for a bit less. http://www.msc.parts/contents/en-uk/d151...ttery.html
Many thanks for your help.
Bruce
Time for an update, progress has been somewhat slow recently but I have managed to finish making my fuel tank. Afraid that I forgot to take pictures as I went along, but initially I made a cardboard mock up to work out dimensions and fit, then using this pattern I could cut some steel and fold all the components, the top seam and mounting brackets were first tinned then riveted together before sweating solder in to seal. The baffle plate was spot welded in place, the ends were tinned then soldered in leaving a 3/8" overhang on the flange, the outer part of this flange was then wrapped back over the seam clenching the end cap in place and solder sweated all the way around to seal. I took the threaded casting for the sender mounting out of a rusty Ruby tank and soldered this into the top of mine which will house a modified Ruby type sender.  

.jpg   DSC06654.JPG (Size: 205.26 KB / Downloads: 573)
.jpg   DSC06662.JPG (Size: 220.73 KB / Downloads: 574)
.jpg   DSC06663.JPG (Size: 194.2 KB / Downloads: 576)
.jpg   DSC06665.JPG (Size: 222.5 KB / Downloads: 572)
Black Art Enthusiast
All in all a rather fine piece of work Ian. Very impressed, great attention to detail and craftmanship.
Quite superb.

Paul N-M
Very nice job Ian.
Stephen
I’m just embarking on a special, however it would be really useful if you had a drg or sketch of your floor pan, especially how much you have raised it above the axle

Rgds
Mark