The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Building a Special Body
Hi Ian, where did you get the brass channel from?

Good to hear Joss is sorting his gear shift finally. But has he done his boot lid yet Smile

Simon
Thanks, yes normal Brookland's screens are rather draughty, after a full days motoring you can feel rather worn from the constant pounding of the wind, I found the Nippy or Chummy's with their full screen's a lot easier on a long journey than the special was. This time I wanted to make something which was not only aesthetically pleasing, but also afforded a little more protection without going to the extent of a full screen.

Simon, the Brass channel came from Vintage supplies, rather hard to find anything appropriate here, Colin gets his for the Alfa's from Australia. I am in your neck of the woods again this week so may pop in to see your latest progress with the wings, would be nice to see a post here at some point soon, I am sure there are a few people who would like an update especially since your Blog has gone off line.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hello Ian, Simon,
"would be nice to see a post here at some point soon, I am sure there are a few people who would like an update especially since your Blog has gone off line. "
Agreed! I'm one of those -not so few- people guys!
Cheers,
Renaud
I'm still trying to recover the blogs. I am actually using a paid service who say they can do it but they seem to have stalled! It's over 10 years worth of posts and thousands and thousands of photos so even they are struggling.

In the meantime I was making little YouTube films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqzEbh...j3Hrv2mPZA

It is a random mix of Austin 7, Riley Brooklands and Polish Enigma machines but there is stuff there. I do tend to repeat myself a lot and generally just ramble on, be warned!

Simon
Very Very very nice.
(27-01-2020, 09:25 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Thanks, yes normal Brookland's screens are rather draughty, after a full days motoring you can feel rather worn from the constant pounding of the wind, I found the Nippy or Chummy's with their full screen's a lot easier on a long journey than the special was. This time I wanted to make something which was not only aesthetically pleasing, but also afforded a little more protection without going to the extent of a full screen.

Simon, the Brass channel came from Vintage supplies, rather hard to find anything appropriate here, Colin gets his for the Alfa's from Australia. I am in your neck of the woods again this week so may pop in to see your latest progress with the wings, would be nice to see a post here at some point soon, I am sure there are a few people who would like an update especially since your Blog has gone off line.

Making a proper screen for my Ulster made it a much nicer road car, especially in winter. Yes, it's heavy but then again so am I.

Bending the brass channel as you have done is a delicate, time consuming process if it's to look good. As ever Ian, you appear to have nailed it.

Charles
I love the screen Ian. Shades af Amilcar. Very nice work.

Paul N-M
Yes Paul I do confess to influence and flavouring of C6 Amilcar in this rebuild, although I did not want to try and create an Amilcar, the idea was to keep most of the car based on Austin designs, but to my mind the Amilcar type screen fitted the bill perfectly in this case.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Ian,

I have been really enjoying your build thread and I am in awe of you beautiful workmanship. I just wondered if you had come across the threaded version of the skin pins? I often use Cleco pins for speed but when it comes to final riveting I swap them for the threaded type, you can tighten them up sufficiently to stop panel creep, something I had happen once using Cleco pins. 

Anyway, love your work and please keep the updates coming,

Best,

Tom
I'm interested in those threaded pins. Any link please?