The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to the new forum...
Nice to be back

My thanks to "the Management"
(12-08-2017, 12:08 PM)Edmund Quayle Wrote: [quote pid='33' dateline='1502094412']
Hiya.

is it just me? I don't seem to be able to do anything on here now. I'm trying to reach one of the members who replied to my post on a broken Ruby front axle, but I cant even find the post anymore.

Bemused!
Ed.

[/quote]

Hi Ed,

I think you'll find the old forum is currently only backed up to May 11th 2017, so any posts after that date aren't available / visible as yet. I think I'm correct in saying the 'Management' are currently doing a final backup presumably covering May 11th until Friday August 11th when the old forum was frozen - so hopefully these more recent posts will be viewable soon. One slight problem you might encounter on this new forum is that some of the old members have seemingly changed their real names or former old forum names to new pseudonyms.

Jeff.
Hearty Congratulations on the new format,hopefully it will encourage previous "lurkers".. such as myself ,to step up and contribute.
Wishing you every success ?
Thumbs Up 
Well done to all those concerned with setting up this new look website, great looking, bang up to date and easy to navigate, it will definitely attract more input and new members.

Dave Big Grin
Hi Management

Although I registered as Lincolnshiretony I would like to change it to my real name - anonymity not being my thing. Any idea how to do this???? Tony Saward
(13-08-2017, 10:04 AM)Lincolnshiretony Wrote: Hi Management

Although I registered as Lincolnshiretony I would like to change it to my real name - anonymity not being my thing. Any idea how to do this???? Tony Saward

Tony,

I notice that among the members online is someone called google. Is this THE google, or someone else?

Perhaps I should change my name to an anonymous one?
Tony - if you click on your username at the top of the board of on one of your posts it should take you to your user profile where you can change your username.

I am not 100% certain this is correct so please do let us know if it works, car looks great by the way!
(13-08-2017, 10:42 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Tony - if you click on your username at the top of the board of on one of your posts it should take you to your user profile where you can change your username.

I am not 100% certain this is correct so please do let us know if it works, car looks great by the way!

Hi Rairidh

No, tried that, you can change everything except your username. I suspect that I will have to de-register and then register again using my real username.
I have changed it for you Tony - hope that helps.
Hi Ruairidh
Thanks for doing that. Just love the new website and forum. Much more user friendly.