The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My next adventure
The tool box covers are bespoke, made from an offcut of 10mm (3/8") plywood I bought from our local DIY shop for 2€ and then painted matt black. I just screwed in a couple of flat metal strips on each side to sit them on top of the cross rails. The driver's side cover has a separator to keep things away from the battery. Prior to this my car had no covers, but it is a standard saloon so perhaps it never had any.
This is from an RN

Ruairidh, Thanks for the photos, Does that mean that RP saloons had them too? Like Bruce's car. mine is a fixed head (standard) saloon as well.
I do not know - somebody will and to be honest, if you like them - fit them!
My RP has them and I have no doubts they are original ...
My RL saloon has them.  The originals were ravished by woodworm so I made new ones out of thin ply, painted black.
Thank you Ruairidh, Hugh and Malcolm. I shall root through my spare timber offcuts and get the jigsaw out!
My RP (Standard Saloon) also has the covers over the tool & battery boxes.
I suspect my RK should have covers too.
Jim
Well, after sorting the welded in spring pin cotter problem i have now decided to leave the car alone in case I over do the preparation. All that remains will be a quick trip to the garage to fill up, probably Tuesday or Wednesday and then I'll be off 7am Thursday morning. The first day is a long drive of about 260miles. I will pick up the pilgrimage route at St Guilhem le Desert and then take the back roads to Pezenas, Beziers, carcassonne and then to Lannemezan in the foothills of the Pyrenees for my first nights stay. You can follow my progress on Whatsapp.