The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello!
Although the wiper motor has received the new seals, I do not like the many compromises I had to make. Two round washers, made of 2mm plastic sheets, had to be made to avoid that the seals obstruct the valve mechanism. So I contacted a local leather supplier who was fascinated by my idea to reproduce the seals myself. After 20 minutes and at least 10 boxes of different types of leather (I did not know that there are so many differences) we found suitable pieces of leather.... I invested 2 Euros.... to produce at least... 40 seals...

I immediately went into the cellar, got my jigsaw, a piece of plywood, my calliper and after 20 minutes I had prepared a mould that would allow me to press the leather - in the meanwhile floating in a jar filled with warm water - by means of a clamp.

The photos show some stages of the process...

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_019.jpg]

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_020.jpg]

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_021.jpg]

[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_022.jpg]
bottom right: metal washer that will fill the inside of the seal (top right), bottom left: the old seal, top left: the new, seld-made seal with slightly higher sides... will be cut off later...

Tomorrow the new seal will be fitted... cannot wait for the result.

Kind regards
Frank

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by Frank Stoll - 20-09-2019, 10:18 PM