The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Chris Blakey - Celebrate the Seven Trans Siberian journey
What I can say is there should be a fibre washer between the gear and the distributor body, from memory this is about (edit - now checked) 1.1mm thick.
The gear should be held fairly firmly against the distributor base (with the shaft pressed down in the opposite direction) when drilling the hole for the shear pin, so there is minimal play up and down when assembled, without undue tightness.
I can't vouch for differences in height between different suppliers' gears - though by observation they are indeed slightly different.
There are loads of different distributor shafts in circulation, some drilled for entirely different cars, gears and dogs; so unless they line up perfectly it's better to rotate the shaft 90 degrees and drill a fresh hole in the right place. The gear needs to be tight on the shaft.

I've no doubt something could be sent out to Chris, I have a few bits and pieces if he's stuck, but to do so we'd need to arrange a pick-up address a week or two ahead allowing for customs clearance etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Blakey - Celebrate the Seven Trans Siberian journey - by Chris KC - 24-07-2019, 07:50 AM