The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Chris Blakey - Celebrate the Seven Trans Siberian journey
It is an RTC, Chris has extended it to a "cloverleaf" seating layout so that Arthur has a seat as far as Moscow.

The conversion has worked quite well, though the footwells are small because Chris has storage boxes encroaching on the area.

And the hood extends to cover the whole of the seated area.

Chris has made his own side screens, so, for a special, it should be pretty well weatherproof.

To me, the proportions don't look bad, and it looks good with the hood up, too.

I didn't really look at the details of the extension, I know Chris added some angle irons to the Ruby chassis extensions, I think there is other strengthening as well.

I think the Ruby tank is in its original position, he has a scuttle tank as well which was in the car when he acquired it.

Engine has new 2 bearing 11/2" crank and rods, shell big ends, new SU carb, 4 branch exhaust.    Can't remember if he did anything to the cam or followers.

Late Ruby head, rebored block with oversize inlets.

Rebuilt dizzy and dynamo.

All fitted into a modified 3 bearing marine 'case, which was impressive in the quality of the metal used in the casting -it looked lovely when polished up.

One of the marine add-on drillings went into the cam oilway and had to be plugged.

Oil filter and air filter fitted.

Gear box with modified ratios.

Standard brakes, which worked very well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chris Blakey - Celebrate the Seven Trans Siberian journey - by "Slack Alice" Simon - 13-07-2019, 03:12 PM