The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Of Car !
    Hi

Could anyone id this picture of what I think is a Austin 7 Opal Courier ! .

cheers

Spike
It's not an Opal tourer as far as I can see. I have a feeling it might even be a Morris 8 tourer rather than a Seven.
Hi
Thanks for that info , will see some pics of a  Morris 8 tourer to check .

cheers

Spike
not a Morris eight maybe a minor tourer
    Hi

Looked at some  Morris 8 tourer's and the vents on the side of the bonnet don't  seem to be in the same place ! , will keep looking at them maybe they changed the position at some time .

cheers

Spike

cheers

Yes I think it is a 1932 Morris Minor Tourer , just seen a pic and it all seems to match up ! .

cheers

Spike
Sorry I get my minors and 8s mixed up!
Can you guys confirm that it is a 1932 Morris Minor Tourer ! , it is a pic of a old neighbors fathers car , he just wanted to id the car .

cheers

Spike
Lourve arrangement on bonnet side too low down and short to be a Minor. I don't think any Minor ( OHC or SV ) had the sloping rear arrangement as shown.

Spike. Note: hinges to rear and handle to front on the original photo !!
Yes you are correct did not clock that .

cheers

Spike

And the hinges are perpendicular more or less , and the minor at  angle , and the rear slopes sharper , the more I look the more I see differences .

cheers

Spike
My money is on a Triumph Super 7 Deluxe - two tone bonnet with the upper colour running along the tops of the doors to the rear deck, low headlights in relation to the tall radiator, 3 stud wire wheels with small centers (they had little caps). Slightly sloping windscreen and large sidelights on the front mudguards are typical Super 7 details. The louvres on the bonnet sides match our '30 Super 7 - center of the panel and quite low in relation to the overall bonnet height

There were a variety of bodies on the Super 7's, much like the A7's, tourers, round backs, boat tails etc. Dad's had an RK Tourer since April '62.

Aye
Greig

This is Dad's '30 Super 7 RK Tourer, in standard mode with Sankey Sheldon pressed steel wheels, in Deluxe trim it had wire wheels & a two tone bonnet & scuttle & door tops. Sidelights are A7, as we only have one of the big Triumph ones, the other was damaged. She's been restored and on the road since '74. 

Aye
Greig

Attached Files
.jpg   1930 TRIUMPH NOV.2005.1.jpg (Size: 111.24 KB / Downloads: 304)