The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Archive acquisitions
Wink 
Good call Hugh. I am sure everyone will do their bit.

Meanwhile, I cannot ever read or hear the word 'archivist' without instantly thinking of the wonderful 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' and the kindly exploits of Samantha with the archivists... as in:

As is customary, record researcher Samantha made her regular visit to the gramophone library earlier. The kindly old archivist keeps a small terrier for company and Samantha makes a point of taking a treat of a biscuit or two. The archivist says he always loves to watch his little dog as he scampers up to Samantha with her couple of crackers held out and pants around her ankles.

or

As ever, Samantha spent several hours down in the gramaphone archive, giving the teams' discs a trial spin on the library record deck. The nice old archivists have recently been a bit worried about their early vinyl collection getting scratched, so Samantha ordered them a new mat for the turntable. She said they were very excited at the thought of getting felt under their old 7 inches.

These bring a vision Hugh, and unfortunately it is really difficult to shift...[Image: wink.png]

Messages In This Thread
Archive acquisitions - by Archive Project - 16-05-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Nick Salmon - 16-05-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Archive Project - 21-05-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Mark R - 21-05-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: Archive acquisitions - by Archive Project - 22-05-2019, 08:04 AM