The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep
Gosh Eric, from all your posts it sounds like you have brought an Ulsteriod special but really want a reasonably authentic Ulster replica, I would suggest either enjoy what you have as it is, or sell it and build what you really want. You will be pushing the proverbial uphill trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, sorry not trying to be negative just realistic, that said you will never get an exacting replica using touring parts, close maybe, but where you draw the line is I guess up to you. However in answer to your question it depends how someone has fitted a LWB axle into a SWB chassis, probably by altering the lower leaf of the rear spring in which case its easy fit standard sports springs and the SWB axle will drop straight in. If you have a 1932 back axle the banjo is the same as a 1931 it just the side tubes which are longer, if it is a D type, which it sounds like it is with semi grilling brakes then a whole different ball game. The Semi grilling brakes are probably easier to adjust but make little difference to stopping power if you fit cast iron drums on the earlier axle, the earlier axle can be machined to accept Semi grilling backplates, but then will not be to Ulster specification which seems important to you. As I believe has already been suggested Chris Gould's guide and the A7 Companion will assist you with understanding parts interchangeability and desirability when building a special / replica whatever you call it.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Erich - 26-04-2019, 02:35 AM
RE: Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Ian Williams - 26-04-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Erich - 26-04-2019, 05:10 AM
RE: Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Erich - 26-04-2019, 02:33 PM