The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hedd Jones login issues
Hedd has asked me to post an issue he is having with logging in. He writes:

" I have a bit of a problem, and I wonder if there may be an issue with the Forum.

Like many others I guess, I have my login details saved on various IT equipment so that they log in automatically. Work laptop. Mobile phone. Tablet. I think it was probably last Tuesday (16th) all worked fine. But on Wednesday morning (17th)  none of my IT equipment would log in. Being able to retrieve the passwords etc from the memory in both my laptop and phone I tried manually on all 3 and failed. This strikes me as very strange, the password on both agreed with each other and my recollection. So something changed external of my IT equipment.

I sent an email to the website-admin@austinsevenfriends.com on Wednesday afternoon (from my personal e-mail account). Followed by a similar message via the ‘contact us’ link on the forum itself (the 2nd from bottom line on most of the forum pages).

I have yet to receive any replies. I again messaged yesterday via the ‘contact us’ and still have no response. I’m wondering if my messages have failed to get through?. I notice you had some similar issues in 2018 with respect to e-mails which are noted on the Forum.

A friend of mine, Joe Faulkener has contacted a couple of the moderators/admin on my behalf, I’m told he has messaged Mike Costigan who said he couldn’t help, I believe also Ruairidh Dunford. I don’t know if he has had a reply off him. Either way neither of them has engaged with me by replying to my messages/email hence I wonder if they have gone astray.

Obviously being unable to log in, I am unable to PM admin directly etc to assist.

Given it is now nearly a week and I am off on holiday, earlier today I registered again on the Forum with a new username using this email address. This seemed successful, but I have not yet received the confirmation e-mail (again suggesting something is going on with the forum e-mails).  Nothing in my inbox, nor in my spam folder.

I was able to log in with some functionality using this login straight after. But I notice that I am now unable to log in again using this mornings credentials –  For avoidance of any doubt I am no idiot, I took a screenshot of the page before pressing submit when I registered this morning. I am not making errors in typing the username or password.

Can you assist please?

Many thanks"

Is there anyone from the Management team that might be able to help?
My own father is unable to login for long periods of time, along with others. Not sure what the problem is, sorry.
Unfortunately this could be at the users end- my login on Windows 7 with Microsoft Edge is working properly (so far Rolleyes ).
My Firefox browser connection dropped out a few weeks ago. I tried the "Renew your password link" but no reply was received. When I switched to the Google Chrome browser, I was able to log on.
Just logged in ok - Safari