The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Me neither, Steve!!
I too wholeheartedly agree with Steve Jones and Ian McGowan, I don't have any issues with the present format - why stars and reputation should put anyone off from joining in and posting questions is beyond me.
I have a chuckle with my info as I have a "Warning level" which is currently at 0%

I recon it's cos I'm from the Colonies where we have a tropical climate with an 8 month summer and if I bang on too much about it, I'll get a warning....  Tongue

Aye
Greig

Sunny South Africa
Half way down under.....
No, Greig, that's a warming!!

Steve
Just three words Greig "You lucky bugger " Although here in the UK we have just had the warmest Feburary days on record and it's still winter here.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(28-02-2019, 10:13 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote:
(26-02-2019, 01:40 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: If you are unhappy with a rating (or a post) you receive or that others receive/write this should be reported using the "report" button - it will only be acted upon if you use this facility.  Individual posts and rating all have the facility to be reported.

Please ask more if this is not clear.

Here you are Andrew.

Clicking on the 'report' button seems to do nothing. Should it give me the opportunity to say why I am reporting something?
I don't know Andrew, I have never reported a post/reputation rating.  Wait and see what happens.

Edit: So I tried to report a reputation and was given the opportunity to give a reason, perhaps a problem your end Andrew?
As I mentioned I have rarely looked at the stars , reputation et al - the recent discussion regarding excessive 'reputation' scoring indicates the uselessness of this- but I have just seen the  star rating for posts- what is this about ?
Assuming you mean the thread rating, it's just a way that users can 'rate' a thread, with the average star rating appearing next to the thread in the forum.
When viewing a thread, at the top right next to the Black 'New Reply' button it says, Thread Rating: with 5 stars next to it, the current rating will appear in yellow, the rest grey. If you feel like using it, just click the number of stars you think it warrants (to clarify for example 4 stars you click once on the 4th star from the left). Or just go back to paying it no attention as I think most people do.
[Image: broke-1.png]