The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
(27-02-2019, 10:25 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: Please, can we just have a vote on keeping or removing the stars and/or reputation?

There is a poll facility built into the Forum - please ask if it is not clear how to use it.
I can't be the only member who is staggered how this thread has flown.

The thing that makes this forum fantastic is the people who post on it & the help that is given so freely.

No man should be judged by his Stars or reputation alone, but by his actions!
(28-02-2019, 08:21 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote:
(28-02-2019, 12:54 AM)andrew34ruby Wrote: It all seems wrong. My reputation is zero despite someone giving me +1. i was also given -1 for no apparent reason.

Can I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment made earlier concerning the “report” button.

Sorry Ruairidh, can't find that bit about the report button.
(26-02-2019, 01:40 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: If you are unhappy with a rating (or a post) you receive or that others receive/write this should be reported using the "report" button - it will only be acted upon if you use this facility.  Individual posts and rating all have the facility to be reported.

Please ask more if this is not clear.

Here you are Andrew.
(28-02-2019, 09:40 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote:
(27-02-2019, 10:25 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: Please, can we just have a vote on keeping or removing the stars and/or reputation?

There is a poll facility built into the Forum - please ask if it is not clear how to use it.

I do need help even to find the poll facility.
Start a new thread & the poll options are below the box where you type.
Thank you mk1-mark, I have ticked the "I want to post a poll" box and put 4 in the number of options but I can't see how to proceed.

The 4 options that I want to give are:-

1. Keep the "Stars" and remove the "Reputation"
 2. Keep the "Reputation" and remove the "Stars"
 3. Keep both the "Stars" and the "Reputation"
 4. Remove both the "Stars" and the "Reputation"
You do as above, put the title in the title box, put the question in the text box, tick, I want to run a poll, mark the number of options in the box provided then post the thread as normal. When you do this you come across a poll options page, you fill that in & post the poll. I have just had a play & it looks easy.

Personally I don't see any problems with how things are at the moment though.

M
Thanks to your explanation it was easy
(28-02-2019, 09:50 AM)mk1-mark Wrote: I can't be the only member who is staggered how this thread has flown.

Agreed! Can't see what the issue is or was Undecided

Steve