The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The largest gathering of Gordon England Bodied Austin Sevens post war, ever?
Flippin heck lad, she's got long fingers.
We now have two Stadiums, 8 Cup Models and possibly a Sunshine Saloon promising to come.

A Brooklands was coming, but is now unable to - it would be very good to get one there and if somebody reading this has or knows of one, perhaps they could get in touch?

[Image: 02-seabrooks-racer.jpg?w=267&h=&zoom=2]
Exciting!
I wonder if another saloon in UK might be up and running by then.

Perhaps someone might like to buy one just to guarantee entry with all those Stadiia, Saloonii and Cupii
https://www.prewarcar.com/287591-austin-...brooklands
(04-06-2019, 07:04 PM)JonE Wrote: Exciting!
I wonder if another saloon in UK might be up and running by then.

Perhaps someone might like to buy one just to guarantee entry with all those Stadiia, Saloonii and Cupii
https://www.prewarcar.com/287591-austin-...brooklands

Well, Ruariidh and I both know someone with a more complete, and very nice, Brooklands and he is going to Guildtown. Getting him to bring the car, however, is somewhat more problematicalWinkWink

Steve
I'll volunteer to take it for him  Big Grin
Hi Steve

He keeps telling me he might sell it? Guildtown would be the ideal place to
show it off , and let his acquaintances take prospective customers for test drives round Perthshire? :-))

You could always bring it Steve if you’re not trialling that weekend?
Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
He's been saying he's going to sell it for years, Bill!! I would take it for him but we're hillclimbing elsewhere.

Steve
Must admit, I always wanted a brooklands.

Sadly finances got me as far as Tom Abernathy sending me pictures of the ash frames he was building at the time.

That was 25 years ago.

I'd still love to build one, part of the reason I took the bodywork lesson with duncan grimmond. To see if I could pick things up quick enough to skin an ash frame properly.

Sadly at the moment there are already far to many sevens in the sheds.

I'll look On the bright side of that one.

Looking forward to guildtown. Just need to get the brake shoes back.

And we are up and running for the saterday road run.

Tony.
Nice to see you have put up my picture of the one of the three 1924 Austin works race cars, this one came to NZ at the end of the 1924 season and the photograph was taken on Muriwai beach Auckland. There were only three built and they have many departures from a later std production Brooklands cars.
Black Art Enthusiast
I think you must be talking about me!
As Steve points out, getting my Brooklands to Guildtown is a logistical impossibility for me, but if someone would like to trailer it or stick it in a van I would be quite happy.
And yes I would be willing to sell it, at a price that might surprise you!

I am looking forward to Guildtown as always.