The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Morgan - RIP
I'm really very sorry to be the bearer of yet more sad news but we have heard that David Morgan died in the early hours of this morning, with his family at his bedside.

All of us who knew David, through Austin 7, Lotus, etc, will miss him, his friendship, and his knowledge. His book, 'Immortal Austin Seven' will live on as a fine tribute to the man.

His family will inform us of funeral arrangements in due course and I will put the info on the Forum.
Sorry to read this Nick - two summers back we were in the Chummy visiting Bude, on returning to car David and a friend were inspecting it!

We had a good chat about his, at that time, shortly to be released book.

Sad news.
Oh dear, that's very sad. I only met him once, but have corresponded with him and am aware of the help he gave to those reconstructing my father's garage.
RIP
I am devastated by this news. I, along with many others, worked closely with him on his last book " Immortal Austin Seven " and helped in its proof reading.
He was a charming man," the " expert on Military Sevens and classic Lotus race cars. At the 2017 NEC Classic Motor Show he proudly showed me his Lotus Eleven insisting I get behind the wheel to demonstrate its cramped driving position and poor visibility!
He had so much more to offer the Seven world in his research, now lost for ever. 
His passing is a massive loss both to myself and the rest of the Austin Seven Clubs' Association Archive Group.
Thank you David for what you did. It was a pleasure to have known you.

Chris Garner
Chairman A7CA.
Is this the same David Morgan who restored and ran the Austin Seven Special, Cooper No. 1, the car built by Charles Cooper for a teenage John Cooper?

Steve
I think that is correct Steve, yes.
(30-01-2019, 05:20 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Is this the same David Morgan who restored and ran the Austin Seven Special, Cooper No. 1, the car built by Charles Cooper for a teenage John Cooper?

Steve

Yes, it is Steve. David sold the car about a couple of years ago.

.jpg   DSCN6208.JPG (Size: 252.51 KB / Downloads: 434)
Thanks both. I had dealings with him when he applied for VSCC eligibility for the car and also talked to him at length about it at Warwick in 2014. A very interesting, informative and helpful chap. A sad loss.

Steve
Again sorry to here this news.

Always good chatting with david at the stall.

Another big loss to the seven world.

Tony.
I shall miss him. One of the best.

Stuart