The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not seen one like this before...
Has just come up on ebay.  (Again, I don't know the seller.)

Colin

Attached Files
.jpg   32 Special.jpg (Size: 85.35 KB / Downloads: 1,749)
Found these pics online a while back but can not remember where, I would say its the same car.
.jpg   c4a9_1.JPG (Size: 23.08 KB / Downloads: 1,678)
.jpg   c4a9_1.JPG (Size: 23.08 KB / Downloads: 1,678)
.jpg   c5ac_12.JPG (Size: 43.1 KB / Downloads: 1,663)
.jpg   d37f_1.JPG (Size: 30.13 KB / Downloads: 1,663)
.jpg   bfb2_12.JPG (Size: 38.98 KB / Downloads: 1,664)
Link to listing with more photos.
A poor man's Morgan.
An ali body, not grp, and a body style owing much to pre-war Morgan or 326 BMW. No doubt a certain eligibility committee would be most welcoming. Then again....
Looking at it, i thought perhaps someone couldn't afford a jaguar XK120 so built there own at home from a Ruby.

It looks well done! But may be a bit marmite for many.

Tony.
I wonder how it looks with a driver of normal size in it. Could be OK but sometimes specials look like kiddie cars.
To me, the headlights look too large for the front of the car.
A pity the waistline doesn't read through at the scuttle, otherwise it has a certain charm. Yes the headlights are a bit out of proportion too.
Many (? 50 ?) years ago Neville Barr (former PWA7C chairman) owned a special much like this, which he referred to as the "Dexion Special". I only saw it once at the back of Neville's garage and it was not easily viewed so I'm not positive it's the same machine; but it does look very familiar. It was a light blue at the time, as was this car in the past according to the vendor.

Regards,
Stuart