The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinning noise as revs build...
(26-12-2018, 06:00 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: I didn't realise anyone was making them.

I take it the supplier have been informed.

When you say press fit ?

Was you happy with the tightness of the gear? Or accepting what had been alowed by supplier.

I'm always sceptical of new gears, nothing to do with suppliers or even materials used.

It's just with the originals being different + and - sizes, and when fitting them to a different engine than they were made for. You risk them being tight or loose. 

So when made new. only one size is made, what standard size is worked to ???

Glad to here the problem is fixed though. Tony.

This is the problem with 'aftermarket'  machined replacement parts unless made to the original works drawings with properly dimensioned sizes including machining tolerances.

If a part it made as a copy of an original and the machinist is estimating the tolerances they may well be wrong or different to the factory standard.

With gears (and pistons etcetera} the +and - sizes were the tolerances and selected from manufacture to give the best fit on assembly.

Cheers, Tony P.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spinning noise as revs build... - by Tony Press - 26-12-2018, 10:39 PM