The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 RP deLuxe saloon upholstery
Can somebody tell me what the mottled, thin carpet-like material used inside the door pockets, the glove pocket and either side of the rear window is called? It has a ribbed appearance and mine is mottled blue and white. Any suggestions for a source of supply?
John - what is your seat trimming material out of interest and could it have been same originally but long worn out? Could you perhaps post or send a picture? Researching other cloth trims...
Others will have suggestions for good similar materials they have used for retrims. Matching originals is expensive and sometimes bespoke remanufacture required.
I assumed leather was standard on deluxe saloons? My 34 deluxe saloon has what looks like brushed cotton in the glove-box and inside the door pockets. I assumed this was as per the original headlining which was long gone and replaced with modern plastic when I acquired the car in 1971.
This is the photo of the material in John's RP saloon.

.jpg   A7 Material.jpg (Size: 85.72 KB / Downloads: 181)

Thanks for the replies so far.

Richard
It would be good to know whether it has a cloth thread to it... and if its possible to get the the back of a piece, it may reveal the pattern. It looks very similar to the rep material on the 31 cars used on the entire interior.
The lower bit is just faded.. rep 'reverts' to beige Bedford Cord type appearance, which is why it seems some cars (like the Coupe) are noted in the Source Book as having it commonly, when they didn't.
That is the correct trim for a blue deluxe Rp. Along with JohnS' suggested locations, you can also add the bottom of the doors where they close against the 'upstand' of the running board and the 'front' of the rear seat between the seat cushion and the rubber mats on the floor
Interesting. I will have a closer look at mine when I am next "home" in February.