The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days?
A interesting but perhaps fundamentally flawed question.
It's rather like asking people what they want in a film and then trying to make that film - it'll be a dog. Even worse, like trying to make a political party by aggregating what people say they want from one. Films and political parties only succeed if they stand for something, and that usually means not standing for some other values. Clubs likewise.

For my part I'd rather surgically remove a much loved part of my anatomy than spent the day parked in a field alongside a bunch of similar cars with a laminated card placed in the windscreen describing my car. However I appreciate that others get much pleasure from such things. I'm not that interested in formal "road runs" - I'm quite capable of driving somewhere myself but hear many lovely comments about events run in Scotland and Malcom Parker's tours. A competitive navigation rally, yes. A hillclimb yes but I care not if the competition is Austin 7s.

Maybe I'm too aligned with Groucho Marx's line about clubs.

Charles
mid 50's and clearly a misanthrope

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days? - by Charles P - 28-10-2018, 12:10 PM