The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VSCC Rubys
Hi

What are the chances of ever getting the VSCC to welcome our Rubys into the PVT class?  Is it the Semi-Girling brakes that they don't like?

Colin
Rubies, and indeed any other prewar cars are allowed to compete in some VSCC rallies.
Alan Fairless
Colin - what is the issue? Presumably its nothing personal to Rubies from Alan's point above?
PVT stands for Post Vintage Thoroughbred - a term introduced by the VSCC to permit a select few makes and models into the 'Vintage' fold. Post 1930 Austins didn't qualify, except for the sporting models like the Nippy. Over the years the VSCC has gradually eased the requirements for qualification: initially they allowed chrome-rad models (in standard form, now they seem to have extended it to specials using the chrome rad. The Ruby's time will come, I'm sure, but the VSCC never does anything in a rush!
This applies to other makes too; so a mid 30s Singer LeMans is welcomed, but a Singer 9 saloon is shown the door. A committee's definition of "thoroughbred"?
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
We do know what the “S” in VSCC stands for, don’t we?
Alan Fairless
Silly?
The VSCC currently states:  "All Vintage Austin Sevens are acceptable, as are cars built up to 1934 (i.e. pre-Ruby type)".

Given that even my late Ruby is over 80 years old, of a design well proven by longevity and considerable use, I was just wondering if their eligibility might be reviewed at sometime?    

Colin
Who knows? (Mr Jones) but I’d suggest you can already enter a Ruby in most VSCC events for which it’s suitable.
Alan Fairless
I find it incredible that a special is allowed which really is a bitsa with components taken from different models all be it the same make and therefore is a mongrel is allowed but a saloon of the same age kept to factory spec so therefore a thoroughbred is not allowed somewhat strange.

John Mason