The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
Following my post in June about the failure of the Accuspark DK4 dizzy I had fitted, I am now able to bring the report up to date.
Briefly I bought the unit in May, fitted it to my '33 RP, covered 100 plus miles and it was working well, with definite improvements noticeable, quieter, smoother etc. On the day I set off on the Eurotour it failed about 5 miles from home, I refitted the clockwork version, drove home and contacted Accuspark to suggest I collect a replacement on my way to Dover by making a detour past their premises. Their reply was distinctly unhelpful, they were having a two hour lunch that day and would not make any concession such as leaving a replacement unit at a neighbouring unit.
On my return I sent the offending article back by post and waited two weeks before telephoning to ask for an update. Apparently they had moved premises since I bought the dizzy, but they had Post Office forwarding and so the unit would arrive at some point. By early September it had not and Accuspark were not being at all helpful when I asked them to contact the Post Office to enquire. I found the posting receipt and discovered that the tracking gave a delivery date of 8th August, still the employee I was in touch with refused to take the matter up and said it was for me to call the sorting office, I was rather disgruntled at the complete lack of help and interest.
Later that day I had a call from Jane Ibbotson, who is a Director of the company, who told me she had listened to the recording of the conversation and that she apologised for the attitude of her staff and would be having words on the subject. She confirmed that she had checked the tracking record and agreed that it was down to her company to pursue the matter with the PO. Would I like a refund or replacement, I chose a replacement.
A week later it had not arrived and so I called and spoke to the same employee, he faffed about for more than ten minutes, saying he would have to check this and that and finally the call was cut off. Now incandescent I called and this time chose the Accounts Department extension on the automatic phone system and got straight through to Mrs Ibbotson. She said that her employee had misunderstood the email she had sent him, instructing an FOC unit to be sent to me. She would now get the replacement dispatched and again have words. It arrived today as she promised.
There has been no apology for the monumental cock-ups, the continuing attitude of the staff nor real interest in what was the cause of the original failure, difficult I appreciate without the offending item, but my guess is it is in their unit, but mislaid.
I will give them that once I had the attention of a Director I eventually got a replacement, but I have spent in excess of five hours on the telephone in two months with enormous frustration thrown in. I have to condemn their customer care, attitude and attention to detail. The product when it works seems to give satisfaction and that is why I have persisted with the matter. I suggest that if you have reason to return a unit you take care to ensure you have their new address, a record of posting and that you definitely do not bother with the warehouse staff, go straight through to the Directors if possible.
The score from my point of view

DK4 Electronic Distributor (when working) 1  =  Accuspark 0
I think the reworking by R and others is  a great improvement on appearance

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Oxford Jack - 25-09-2017, 07:08 PM