The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
(22-10-2018, 10:41 AM)Charles Levien Wrote: As mentioned in an earlier post I have a modern distributor ( Mini) with the advance and retard weights welded together — on electronic ignition. So any curve is independent of bob weights. The car goes very well with this set up with good torque at low revs ( Jack French road cam) and good performance up to 5000 rpm.
Mine is a road car and I should like to know if anyone else is running a car successfully with this set up.

Charles

Charles, I take it that one of the reasons you welded the bob weights is that the distributor is running "backwards" on your car. Without a fair bit of modification, I can't see how leaving them 'as is' would not result  in centrifugal retard instead of advance.

In the past I have used a mini style Lucas 25D on a 7 motor, but I had reversed the fan/dynamo casting on the crankcase  so that the distributor was now on the other side of the motor, I did this to get underbonnet clearance for a belt driven Roots supercharger; but it was also handy that the BMC Mini Lucas distributor now rotated in the correct direction. the much shortened dynamo casing on this setup was empty as this was a race motor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Stuart Giles - 25-10-2018, 03:33 PM