The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
(22-10-2018, 10:10 PM)Charles Levien Wrote:
(22-10-2018, 11:20 AM)JonE Wrote: Charles - what is the exact distributor spec? If modern, does that mean it has a vacuum advance disabled or enabled?

Vac advance disabled ie locked in position by a small spring. I’m away from home and can’t remember exact spec.

Charles

I see that an 'aged' electronic distributor is fitted with 'acorns' on what appears to be a push in cap. Do the caps have threads? 

And the Accuspark page notes that carbon cored rather than copper cored leads must be used. 

Another website notes -

"Solid metal (copper, tin-plated copper and/or stainless steel) conductor wires are still used in racing on carbureted engines, but can cause all sorts of running problems if used on vehicles with electronic ignition, fuel injection and engine management systems, particularly if vehicle is driven on the street — and damage to some original equipment and aftermarket electronic ignition and engine management systems can occur. Solid metal conductor wires cannot be suppressed to overcome EMI or RFI without the addition of current-reducing resistors at both ends of wires."

I suspect there is no need to worry about the engine management system on a Seven (not yet anyway)

Anyone using copper cored leads ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Tony Press - 23-10-2018, 06:10 AM