The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
(22-10-2018, 02:56 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: No Colin, I don't think you understand, that will not tell you how it actually reforms, only what degree of timing scatter, advance curve and point bounce a unit exhibits. If you are comparing two distributors neither of which have and ideal advance curve what will that tell you, that one is different to the other? Unless of course you know before hand what the ideal parameters are, which is exactly what I have been trying to say. With a seven we do not have that information unless we do extensive testing under measured conditions on an engine, this is where a rolling road comes in, or measured runs under controlled conditions, as I am sure you know if you actually stop and think about it for a moment.

As mentioned in an earlier post I have a modern distributor ( Mini) with the advance and retard weights welded together — on electronic ignition. So any curve is independent of bob weights. The car goes very well with this set up with good torque at low revs ( Jack French road cam) and good performance up to 5000 rpm.
Mine is a road car and I should like to know if anyone else is running a car successfully with this set up.

Charles

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Charles Levien - 22-10-2018, 10:41 AM