The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
Tony,

I have no desire to get caught in the crossfire (again) between the supplier of these units and an ex customer but I can share my experiences of the units with ‘you’.

I was incredibly sceptical of the technology when it came to market but believe that to know something properly you must use it in the way it was intended and then make up your own mind, so I put one on my car. The DK4a it replaced was well maintained and gave good service, despite this the new unit gave instant and noticeable power gains, tickover was remarkably slow and the engine ran smoother.

Since then the unit has performed well.

There have been a couple of issues with the solid state trigger unit failing on some units but, if this does happen, it appears to do so very quickly and, in my experience over the time the new unit has been available, the failure has matched that of convential points, condensers and rotor arms available today. I have also discovered that the new units will fry themselves if the wires are not secured very tightly and if the coil offers less protection than 1.5 Ω. There was speculation that copper cored HT leads caused problems but I have not found this to be the case amongst those I have been closely involved with.

If I were your spares manager I would ask for a small sample to try out and then you can make your own mind up - like I did.

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Ruairidh Dunford - 15-10-2018, 11:12 AM