The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
First time on the road "Black Brum"
Information 
Well. After a few weeks of a steep learning curve and a family holiday in Provence, I have been first time "on the road" today in VL 4193. After having been lucky enough to have been introduced to the 86 year old Johnny Haines, still producing fantastic stitching work from his caravan, I have strikingly empathetic new passenger leather seat, a refilled rear seat, and carpets throughout. I have thoughtfully packed away all original parts and now have an interior that I like. 
After pouring over posts in this amazing forum and websites of other A7 member sites, I had "Black Brum" as my wife has christened her/it, I'll let you work it out! ticking over on the drive, but it stopped after a couple of minutes, tried again, same result, well more pouring over forum and a desperate call to GK5268  and his advice about fuel starvation and crud in the fuel line had me blowing through the pipe and finding a pile of sh 1 t on the piece of paper that he told me to blow it on to. After draining the fuel tank and refilling away we went. Thanks Gary, I will need your help again I am sure,  I think we may need to remove tank for a proper clean. A very fast relearning from my 1960's days of double declutching and gear change and I finally made over 20 mph on the local roads. A bit of fuel starvation on the last 100 yards but I think we are getting somewhere. I am as chuffed as little meatballs!!!!
congratulations! It had all gone quiet... but glad you are making progress!
It’s important to let us know how these problems are resolved, how are we to use our wisdom to help others if you keep stum.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.