The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flywheel Diameter
Please does anyone know the diameter of the standard flywheel across the starter ring teeth? 

I am trying to improve performance on my sports engine by changing out the jets in the 30VE1 carb and also playing with the timing. I am wanting to work out where I am in degrees BTDC.

Original carb set up was Main - unknown(!) and Compensation 60, so not having a 90 I am trying an 85 main and a newer 60 compensation jet (haven't got a 55). Slow running stays the same at 60.

Original timing was set up as 1.25" BTDC fully advanced and I have subsequently advanced this a further 5°, so am tipping I'm now around 18° BTDC fully advanced, but want to check this.

Many thanks

Colin
Colin each tooth on the ring is spaced at 4.5 degrees.
Terry.
(29-08-2018, 04:21 PM)Terrytuned Wrote: Colin each tooth on the ring is spaced at 4.5 degrees.
                                                                                    Terry.

Cheers Terry, very handy to know. Foolishly I measured the 1.25" on the flywheel, but didn't record the number of teeth, hence my query re the diameter so I can work backwards.
Think I've answered my own question.
http://www.austin7.org/Data%20Pages/Tech%20Data/
states that 1 7/8" at flywheel = 20°
From this the flywheel circumference is 33.75" and diameter is 10.74".
My 1.25" BTDC at the flywheel is 13.3°, so 1 inch at the flywheel equals 10.7°.

I really must get out more!
(29-08-2018, 04:21 PM)ETerrytuned Wrote: Colin each tooth on the ring is spaced at 4.5 degrees.
                                                                                    Terry.

Another good reply from Terry