The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radiator for 1931 Ulster Replica - Advice Please
(21-08-2018, 01:03 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Getting away from the tank, in past discussions on the radiator shell I, and I think others, said that the Ulster had the second type of mounting bracket.  This shell has the two bolts mounted through the front face.  By the time the 65 and Nippy appeared, they were mounted on a third type of bracket resulting in no bolt-holes in the front face.  But some time ago Ruairidh reminded me of the photo above and perhaps there were some Ulsters fitted with the third type - although my search through photos of standard cars as well as Ulsters only show the earlier mounting.  This plus the honey-comb core in the photo makes that Ulster curious - or was it correct & perhaps similar in others?   Cheers,  Bill in Oz

It wouldn't be the first time a car provided for press test had deviated somewhat from standard production spec. Sometimes tweaks are made to ensure a positive review, sometimes the only car available is the office hack and it has to be hastily tidied up. I'm just saying that the Autocar Ulster might not be definitive. Unfortunately it is the best set of contemporary pics I'm aware of.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radiator for 1931 Ulster Replica - Advice Please - by Chris KC - 21-08-2018, 07:35 AM