The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nut size?
Hello All
I am doing the rear hubs on my '37 Ruby axle and wondered if anyone could tell me what size the thin nut is that holds the inner half of the hub on please.
My largest Whitworth socket is 3/4" which fits the half shaft nut but I'll need a box spanner to do the thin nut or a deep socket.
Many thanks as always
Graham.
(14-08-2018, 08:44 PM)Graham Honnor Wrote: Hello All
I am doing the rear hubs on my '37 Ruby axle and wondered if anyone could tell me what size the thin nut is that holds the inner half of the hub on please.
My largest Whitworth socket is 3/4" which fits the half shaft nut but I'll need a box spanner to do the thin nut or a deep socket.
Many thanks as always
Graham.

Hi Graham,

The new nuts I have here need a 1" Whitworth spanner to fit them. We make a special flat spanner here to fit them.

This is what we make

.jpg   Rear Hub Bearing spanner.jpg (Size: 204.09 KB / Downloads: 282)

Cheers

Marcus
Cromwell stock a Melform TW24 - 7/8" x 1" Whitworth Double Ended Box Spanner. Melform also produce a TW25 - 1" x 1-1/8" Whitworth Double Ended Box Spanner

https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/hand-too...EL5811096R
Many thanks to both of you, just what I needed to know.
I use my 36inch Bahco
Hello Hedd

Yes, I intend to do similar with the half shaft nut but I didn't think the thin nut needed the same treatment?
I already had a 3/4" whit socket for the halfshaft nut and I now have a 1" whit box spanner for the thin nut which
I hope will be adequate with a suitably long tommy bar.
We'll see how it goes at the weekend, and in time, if the sealed bearings + felts keep the oil off my shoes.

Thanks for your reply.

Graham.