The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supercharger coupling
Hi all, back from a great weekend at Guildtown and need some help / advice on what to do with the supercharger drive on the next project. Should it have a rubber insert and can you still get them from anywhere? Should the inserts be made of leather strips? Has anybody tried casting their own out of Devcon rubber? What other alternative couplings have people used? Did Austin use a similar coupling on any other pre-war models?  

Yes, it should have a rubber insert.

Yes I believe it was used on other models, I think Austin 12/4 water pump drive but no doubt someone will correct me.

I'm pretty sure they are still available. The general name for these is "spider coupling".

Probably David Dye will know of a supplier.

I have used Fenner couplings in the past. Charles P. successfully uses a duplex chain coupling but I am in favour of some rubber somewhere.

Regards,
Stuart
(31-07-2018, 05:16 PM)stuartu Wrote: Charles P. successfully uses a duplex chain coupling but I am in favour of some rubber somewhere.

As ever, rubber is supposed to afford a level of protection.

......... Ok, I'll get my coat
Stuart is correct. They are fitted to the 12/4 for the water pump drive. They are available from the VAR.
(31-07-2018, 06:11 PM)Charles P Wrote:
(31-07-2018, 05:16 PM)stuartu Wrote: Charles P. successfully uses a duplex chain coupling but I am in favour of some rubber somewhere.

As ever, rubber is supposed to afford a level of protection.

......... Ok, I'll get my coat

Behave. See you Saturday. 

I'll have a new, full, tube of copper silicone with me if you need it - whatever the repair!! Wink

Steve
(31-07-2018, 07:07 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Stuart is correct. They are fitted to the 12/4 for the water pump drive. They are available from the VAR.

Dynamo drive I believe Robert,last price I saw was £20.
You are right Ann, 
    of course it is the dynamo drive