The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiator mascots & other cosmetic frippery
Following on from the thread about naming our cars it lead me to wondering about other ways we personalise our cars with radiator mascots & other fripperies - does anyone have any of theirs they'd like to share? (& to those who only want their cars to be 100% original please disregard this thread! ;-))
Paul
On the first day God created the Austin 7, then he rested
The car I am buying has a couple of plaques hanging from the rear bumper, I will be removing them. They are both white plastic ovals, one has GB on it and the other says 1936 Austin Seven Ruby.

I cant add a picture as the file size is too large and I do not know how to make the picture file size smaller.

Wayne
Luggage racks on 2 cars. Probably GB plates on 2 cars (not same two). 

The RP has a superb 1930's reversing lamp on it. And for some reason father also fitted a Klaxette as well as the Rist. 

The RL has a smiths clock, mainly as someone had made the hole in the dash (looks like it was made with a tin opener), so putting a clock in the hole was simpler than welding the hole up. It also has a 'badge bar' not for badges but to stop the wings flapping about. If it ever gets a respray its going in the skip

I plan fitting an exhaust whistle to the chummy, when is based on one factor, I need to remember where I put it!.

All three have calorimiters of various makers. The Boyce being the least useful
I have a red triangle on the rear wing of my Ulster that pronounces “four wheel brakes”!

For a number of years I ran same car with a 12” cast aluminium badge on the rad that said “Diesel” - nobody ever questioned it!

My friend Harry Law has an 1930s cast aluminium badge “Ecosse” - he won’t sell it to me, despite asking nicely at least twenty times.
Hi Ruairidh
Why not ask Harry if he’ll let you take a rubbermoulding then

Get some cast? I’d buy one.

My TR3A has two nice car-badges, a quartered London Motor Club badge
Plus another quartered 1950’s British Monte Carlo Rally Entrants badge
I’m sure Andrew Goodfellow would want one!

Planning a mascot for the GE Cup and an unusual French horn.
Also have a red triangle, but might fit it up
With Leds and mount it above the rear number plate

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Harry is happy for me to do this and I will let you know if I take him up on the offer.
For some years, I used to fit a silver, upright hare to whatever wreck of a car I happened to have at the time; Vitesse, Marina Coupe, A40, Standard etc. Several years later, I realised that it is the mascot from an Alvis. It is still up in the loft.
(30-07-2018, 08:27 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Harry is happy for me to do this and I will let you know if I take him up on the offer.

If you do not have a tame foundry. I have one local who will cast ali or brass. Using the original as a pattern the resultant castings will cost no more than the cost of a 'dram' each. Probably a good bit less.
I have had this radiator mascot for over fifty tears; I am still hopeful of having a suitable car for it one day!

.jpg   P1060924.JPG (Size: 218.19 KB / Downloads: 250)
(30-07-2018, 08:36 PM)Hedd Jones Wrote:
(30-07-2018, 08:27 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Harry is happy for me to do this and I will let you know if I take him up on the offer.

If you do not have a tame foundry. I have one local who will cast ali or brass. Using the original as a pattern the resultant castings will cost no more than the cost of a 'dram' each. Probably a good bit less.

Thank you Hedd.