The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bantam Truck
I have been asked to assist with re-commissioning a American Bantam Van, it was dismantled many, many years ago and restoration was started but never completed. I have been tasked with reassembling the vehicle and am seeking information and contacts who may be able to assist. I will post pictures in due course but as far as I can tell at this early stage the attached depict a similar van.

.jpg   bantam panel truck.jpg (Size: 90.58 KB / Downloads: 364)
Black Art Enthusiast
Ian,

the Austin Bantam Society have a very lively and help group on Facebook, a lot of very knowledgeable people post on it daily.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8828265271/
Great project Ian,

Bob & Cathy Cunningham at the American Austin Bantam Club publish an authenticity manual which will clarify the specification, dimensions and finishes of almost everything. Their "Club News" is also worth subscribing to. www.austinbantamclub.com

For spares try Joe DeAngelo at Golden Mile Sales in Allentown PA. USA.

Peter.
Thank you both, I will update as things progress.
Black Art Enthusiast
As promised a couple of pictures of the van in its current condition.

Black Art Enthusiast
I hadn't realised any Bantams were built with right hand drive.
(29-08-2017, 08:27 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I hadn't realised any Bantams were built with right hand drive.

Were they used by US postal service? They, I believe, use(d) RHD to make it easy for delivery into house post boxes.
This van was for the NZ market, we drive on the left same as the UK, however I could not tell you how many cars and vans were built RHD, perhaps Ivan G can give us some insight?
Black Art Enthusiast
It looks like a good solid vehicle. Is it complete?

Peter.
Yes Peter it is a good solid vehicle, and it should be more or less complete, however the owner has passed away and the parts are scattered around a large shed containing a lot of other cars and parts so I am still searching for some of it! The object of the exercise I have been tasked with is to locate everything then resemble the Van so it can be sold, I will probably not complete the restoration simply put it into a state where someone else can and where we know what is missing.
Black Art Enthusiast