The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Austins Victorious!
The Prescott Weekend organised by the Pre-War Morris people under the superb guidance of Ian Grace, who largely manages it all from Seattle, includes the Cotswold Rally. This year, the Sunday weather was splendid and numbers of cars set off to find their way along the narrow lanes and through the magnificent villages. The Rally is open to all makes of pre-war cars, which this year appeared to include Morris Minors, Cowleys, MGs and Singers as well as Sir Herbert's babies. As well as an award for the best navigation, there is the Lewis & Nicholson Prize fought for by Morris and Austin teams, which in previous years has been won by...errr..well so far the Austins.

This year the highest score earning the HVA statue was achieved in the Chummy of "Team Tinka," Matt and Ben Boroliecki and Judith Durkin, in her first event but of whom we will see much more. The team prize, the Lewis and Nicholson Compass, was once more won by the mighty team of Austins, three Chummys and a Ruby. The extend of the victory was almost embarrassing, well not quite as the smart Longbridge team   achieved  usual high scores but for some reason the Scuderia Morris largely gave up, finally only one of them handing in their results card.

Perhaps next year Ian will give the Austins a penalty at the start, but never mind, victory should be ours again!

attachment=3309
Team Tinka celebrate

attachment=3310
two of the winning Chummys

attachment=3311

Lewis and Nicholson Compass

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well done guys and gals. Nice to meet you Steve
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Yes indeed a good effort. Was good to meet you. You seemed to have overcome the misfiring by Sunday!

Although I was a mere tourist, I had the indignity of a puncture, to give me a challenge. 

That ford was fun, although I hadn’t realised it passed by a gibbet - apparently! 
1910 Talbot ahead of me. 

Roly (APD Tourer)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
Well done guy's....lovely part of the country and I do like RT, more pictures please Smile
Black Art Enthusiast
Congratulations!

Lots of pics of the cars (including the team cars) on the hill during Saturday at Bonzer Photos
(24-07-2018, 08:11 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: That ford was fun, although I hadn’t realised it passed by a gibbet - apparently! 

Roly (APD Tourer)

Another example, on the Shipston-on-Stour to Banbury road (B4035) there is Gallows Hill Farm and within 1.5 miles as the crow flies you come to Traitor's Ford.
Well done to all involved, it is one of our favourite events, though we haven't entered the Sunday yet.
I have lots of photos and video from Saturday, as well as some of our journey there and back again.
It will take me a while to sort them all out, but I'll post them when done.
So glad everyone had a good time - I know I did! We were helped by the superb weather, although we did have a good shower at the pub reception on Friday evening at the Hobnails at Little Washbourne, but it made things a little cooler and fresher on Saturday morning.

Good to see so many Sevens in attendance. If you want to bring along a club gazebo or similar next year, there will be no charge. This year, the Wolseley Hornet Special Club bought along a double one and it contained the most sumptuous picnic I have ever seen!

Already planning next year - same weekend, so will be 20th/21st July.
(24-07-2018, 08:11 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: That ford was fun, although I hadn’t realised it passed by a gibbet - apparently! 
1910 Talbot ahead of me. 

Roly (APD Tourer)

Is the ford at Duntisbourne Abbots?
(31-07-2018, 04:19 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:
1910 Talbot ahead of me. 

Roly (APD Tourer)

Is the ford at Duntisbourne Abbots?

Apparently yes according to the info section of my photos . Map coordinates 51.768,-2.040
1931 RN, 1933 APD