The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First 7
One thing to watch out for now is the tendency to buy another and another in quick succession. It's scary how addictive they are. You'll be looking at family members garages soon to work out where you can stash your second 7.

Wink 

Enjoy it responsibly... Like drinking and gambling, moderation is key...
(28-07-2018, 02:41 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: One thing to watch out for now is the tendency to buy another and another in quick succession. It's scary how addictive they are. You'll be looking at family members garages soon to work out where you can stash your second 7.

Wink 

Now I find out!
(28-07-2018, 02:41 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: One thing to watch out for now is the tendency to buy another and another in quick succession. It's scary how addictive they are. You'll be looking at family members garages soon to work out where you can stash your second 7.

Wink 

I think one will be enough for now Smile

Wayne
That’s what we all said.
Alan Fairless
Things are getting serious now, I have ordered a new garage door to make things more secure. It will also give me more space as I currently have the traditional up and over door. I have gone for an electric roll up door. When will the spending stop Huh Smile

Wayne
Friend of mine bought a roll up door but didn't realise just how much room is required above the opening to take this huge roll of 'door' plus motors. Ended up replacing the roof too with a 'dormer' type affair on each side to house the apparently space saving roll door.

Enjoy the 7

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(30-07-2018, 01:28 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Friend of mine bought a roll up door but didn't realise just how much room is required above the opening to take this huge roll of 'door' plus motors. Ended up replacing the roof too with a 'dormer' type affair on each side to house the apparently space saving roll door.

Enjoy the 7

Andy

The guy fitting it came out on Saturday and explained the process. I will gain 2 inches at each side and about 2 inches at the top. I dont have much space in my garage as I still have a lot of stuff in there, the roll up door will allow me to drive the 7 in and close the door without it hitting the roof at the back, the up and over door would hit the roof of the car as the back will be very close to the door.

Wayne
The car arrived safely last Tuesday. I managed a few short trips around the block to familiarise myself with it. Today I decided to brave the 3 mile drive to work at 5.45 in the morning, unfortunately at about half way the car decided to run rough. It sounds like its on 3 cylinders and misfires. I just about managed to limp it to work, thankfully the roads are empty. I will not attempt to drive it home like this at 12.00 when the traffic is busy. If I cant find a quick fix then I will have to call the AA.

Wayne
Points closed up?
(11-08-2018, 06:58 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Points closed up?

I just checked the points and they were ok. I cleaned the rotor arm and the car started ok and revs ok when stationary. As soon as I drive off it runs rough and kangaroos down the road. I'm now stuck at work with the car.

Wayne