The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum...
Good news Ashley, there's much more in there to find... I set up the GE Archive on the back of a dirth of empirical sources to restore one with some semblance of historical accuracy. I soon discovered that there were many variations on design and build techniques so attempting to definitively describe techniques/features etc. was going to prove nigh on impossible. My approach was to gather and post as much as possible in pictorial form, then let individuals decide which route they would like to follow. As registrar I am contacted by a lot by GE owners asking if their car is original, my answer is not always met with a smile "I have no idea, look at the archive and decide yourself".

My own car is a mash up of all the things I liked in the pictures and cars I have seen over the years - I am really enjoying seeing the processes involved in creating it but will admit to being terrified about damaging it. My cars are enjoyed to the full and I normally shake off any damage - visions of my daughters dropping their bikes into the fabric have haunted me for some time however!

In a few weeks it will run and I am really, really, looking forward to that. As a child I coveted the Cup now owned by John Davies, it was Tom Abernethy's car then, later owned by Stella Wilson - the only Seven my sister would ride in voluntarily (she has very high standards).

My car was bought way back in 1970, possibly by my mother (they had so many Sevens back then it is difficult to know who bought what) it was the red chassis in the very bottom shed for almost all of my life to date, now it is the red car and my mum and dad will be here when it arrives back in Glasgow.

No more updates, from me, until that happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cup in a Box - resurrected from the old Forum... - by Ruairidh Dunford - 27-02-2019, 10:31 PM