The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pennine run
Is there a more detailed route posted anywhere for anyone wanting to observe the cars and get some photos.
Particularly looking at the section between Oxenhope and Ilkley.
A few pics from this morning:

Edit: I have no idea why it's done that! Sorry,you'll have to lie down to look at some of them ... and I've only got four attachments in the post, and this edit should be after all of them!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Back home this afternoon after a tremendous 4 days. 400 miles exactly door to door. Great route with spectacular scenery, good hotels (last night's was amazing), wonderful weather and a good mix of people; some we've known for years and some we'd not met before. Perfect. Our SWB Saloon did us proud suffering only a rattly release bearing that will be cured by some much needed lubrication (something else I'll have with me in future to guarantee it won't be needed). It even kept going when I'd run the petrol down to the point we were on the fumes of the fumes!!

I know he's a mate but Malcolm's runs really are quite excellent and thoroughly recommended.

Steve

The two SWB Saloons of Malcolm & myself ready for the off Monday lunchtime.

.jpg   Photo0283.jpg (Size: 21.3 KB / Downloads: 292)

At the top of the Kirkstone Pass Wednesday afternoon.

.jpg   Photo0284.jpg (Size: 19.16 KB / Downloads: 292)

The view from our hotel room across Morecambe Bay Wednesday evening.
Having got the 65 going only last week I was fairly nervous about my commitment to do the PWA7C Yorkshire branch’s Pennine Run. The start was at Rowsley near Bakewell so being from Leeds we opted to stay over the night before. Holme Moss and Snake Pass were climbed in second with no boiling over so I took this as a good sign for the run proper.

Day one was 100 miles through beautiful Derbyshire hills into Yorkshire and a night stop at Ilkley. We ran out petrol in the last few miles, indicating a consumption of about 20mpg. Something wrong there so a committee was formed around the car and a blocked compensation jet diagnosed. This was given a professional blow through by the trip’s organiser Malcolm Parker.

Day two saw us heading north through the Yorkshire Dales and then into the Lake District with an idyllic run past Lake Ullswater, up Kirkstone Pass and down to Grange over Sands. Mpg today, 39. Thank you Malcolm!

Back home now after traversing the Trough of Bowland. 423 miles door to door which is more work than the car’s done in many a year.

Still running the sports cam, which is unforgiving if the revs drop, but everything has held together and I’m no longer a Pennine Run virgin. This trip has given me confidence in the car and my fellow Severners. I cannot recommend Malcolm's run highly enough.

Thanks due to Nick Turley, Stewart Walker, Immy Purins and Roy Dougill, without whose help and advice I wouldn't have got the car sorted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great to see such an enthusiastic entry for the Pennine . Well done Malcolm, thank you for your hard work.
It was exiting to have new austin seven drivers like Colin on the event. It was also good to see such a large entry.
This event was done under the flag of the Yorkshire section of the pre war austin seven club.
Nice to see them being driven.
Malcolm organised events are special and always different.
Another great Pennine run with superb weather, many thanks Malcolm. Had to change the fabric coupling at the Moorcock Inn on Wednesday, a half hours job while sat in the passenger seat.
A few more pics, just for you!

Gawd knows what's wrong with those two, they are all three exactly the same on my computer! Time to lie down again ...
Lovely!
I've turned meself round Mike, and Malcolm too!!

.jpg   IMG_0796 Steve Jones.1000.jpg (Size: 24.41 KB / Downloads: 205)    
.jpg   IMG_0797 Malcolm Parker.1000.jpg (Size: 28.22 KB / Downloads: 202)

Steve Big Grin
Thank you for the kind words and the photos.    Sorry, JonB, I didn't get your request as I was on my way to the start.  Once I leave home I am not wired in to the Internet!

As Steve says, we had a super four days, obviously helped by the wall to wall sunshine, except for a few minutes above Hawes when we were in the clouds!

My SWB saloon with Ricardo head and SU carb covered 414 miles at 44.6mpg, an amazing figure given the severity of the route.

It was with some reluctance that we left the Netherwood Hotel in Grange over Sands yesterday morning, we all wanted to stay for a few more days.

30 cars took part, all pre-1939 apart from a 1965 MGB and a 1967? Singer Chamois.   The GE Cup suffered a rear axle failure going up Kirkstone Pass, and there was a problem with the dynamo in an RP saloon and the bacon slicer starter on an RK saloon which was fixed.

Running the event mid-week appears to have paid off, the roads were commendably free of weekend bikers and cyclists, the second day from Ilkley to Grange was over some very quiet roads.

Altogether four days of super motoring, eating and drinking and good company!