The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports bodies for a special or replica or travesty (depending on your point of view)
Hi urgent.

Choices choices.

Probable won of the most difficult, and you have obviously put plenty of thought in already.

First the LWB ulster, im sure many will say not another one. But in many ways they do make good sense. And you have already pointed all of them out. If you have the finances, with resale prices being high. It allows you to put more into the fine touches, dials etc. Without spending double what the car is worth when finished.

Second choice, a body out of someone's old shed. Personally (my opinion only) I wouldn't. Although a cheap option, its unlikely to be the look you really want. 

Choice 3 You could ask rod yates about his trophy body, he has only made 4 so far, so quite exclusive. Although the last time I spoke to rod, he wasn't looking to make any more. So you would have to talk him round. The two that have sold so far, both sold for £20k each. So plenty of excuses to put some nice expencive extras in.

Choice 4, sorry I don't do the brooklands anymore, only for the reason people didn't like the price. But if you are interested. The are made in Holland, by bas yansen. At corrosibouw yansen.

Choice 5, if a nippy body comes up? Very expensive to get all the correct parts. And it will never be an original.

Choice 6, may be good if you like the nippy. I noticed some years ago there was a body manufactur company in Peterborough I think. Making a nippy ' TYPE ' or style body. It wasn't cheap. But as it's not a total replica, it leaves a lot of input by yourself to build as a high quality special. I've never seen one built. So very exclusive as well.

Sorry for the lengthy answer, but i hope it opens up some choices for you. Tony

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sports bodies for a special or replica or travesty (depending on your point of view) - by Tony Betts - 13-05-2018, 11:27 PM