The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germany
Something Chris Gould wrote piqued my interest - it concerned vintage car owners in Germany not being allowed to drive their cars to rallies. While investigating this notion I learned that many German (& Austrian) cities are now 'green' zones & fine you heavily for entering without a green car sticker, which a typical A7 seems unlikely to qualify for. Anyone know more about this? Or more exactly, how it might affect a touring A7 owner?
50 of us drove through Germany and Austria on the Eurotour last year with no problem
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I understand that Historic Vehicles over 30 years old are exempt from the restrictions but you might want to check that for sure.
That would be cool - I'll check with my sister, she might know.
I would have thought that with it's minuscule carbon footprint a Seven would easily get a green badge.
(12-05-2018, 05:05 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: I would have thought that with it's minuscule carbon footprint a Seven would easily get a green badge.

Dave, are you suggesting the rules may be based on a foundation of common sense?

Regardless of how 'green' they claim to be, you have to drive a good few miles in any new car to offset the environmental damage which was done in making the ruddy thing...
Gents,

I competed in the Sauerland Klassik last October. A great event visiting the Damms of such interest for us Brits. If you are visiting and your vehicle is over 30 years old absolutely no problem. If you are a resident then you will require a Historic Number Plate but this is just a formality.

We let Hagerty know and also just in case an MOT but that wasn’t needed, just the proof of issuance. 

The event is only run every other year and if you take a look at the  footage in YouTube  understand Sauerland Klassik 2017. It makes some good viewing.

It looks like we will be going again next year if anyone wants to join in just message me. It’s not cheap but the best Event I have driven in. Format-Regularity times to 100th second not stressful at all ?

Paul

Chris KC
(12-05-2018, 05:05 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: I would have thought that with it's minuscule carbon footprint a Seven would easily get a green badge.

Dave, are you suggesting the rules may be based on a foundation of common sense?

Regardless of how 'green' they claim to be, you have to drive a good few miles in any new car to offset the environmental damage which was done in making the ruddy thing...
Nearly 20 years ago I used to get involved in transport for my sons school camps, scouting trips etc. My 1960s car was old even then and one impudent soul enquired about its emissions. He made the mistake of overlooking that he was a captive audience.....
i read somewhere how much coal was used to make a new car; it was at least a tonne.
( I did not confess to the colosssal blow by to an open crankcase. All eventually totally cured at 170,000 with new unbroken rings)
(16-05-2018, 04:42 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Nearly 20 years ago I used to get involved in transport for my sons school camps, scouting trips etc. My 1960s car was old even then and one impudent soul enquired about its emissions. He made the mistake of overlooking that he was a captive audience.....
i read somewhere how much coal was used to make a new car; it was at least a tonne.
( I did not confess to the colosssal blow by to an open crankcase. All eventually totally cured at 170,000 with new unbroken rings)

Yes Bob, I spent some time looking for my captive audience and as by luck the Chairman of Birmingham City European supporters club. This gave me the region, football and cars to talk about and I did. 
One chap did ask what the Austin ran on. I thought that “spit and hope” wasn’t going to translate well so Crude Oil popped out. He accepted this but was a little concerned. It was actually fuel that caused us to drop out of day three. I filled up with 103 Octain by mistake, didn’t change the timing and sheared 3 crankcase to block studs.

A photo of the German Event attached

Attached Files
.jpeg   D41BCF88-A321-44E1-B099-A06762337CA4.jpeg (Size: 148.95 KB / Downloads: 138)
Interesting thread!
I am off to the Sauerland at the end of June in my MGZA to the Magnette International event. MANY years ago (1963 ish) when serving in the Royal Artillery in Menden (Sauerland) I organised a Rally (sorry, for you taxpayers -- Motoring Event suitable for Military Training!) with an Army Air Corps Sergeant Pilot as co Secretary of the Course. We did the first "draft" of the route by air in (I think ) a Skeeter helicopter. The roads were great & it was a fine place to get lots of navigators lost!
It will be interesting to see how much it has changed....