The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source for end caps...
Does anyone know of a source for the end caps used on Ruby seats and late tourer door chains please?  I only need one in this instance but a supply for future would be good.

(09-05-2018, 12:39 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Does anyone know of a source for the end caps used on Ruby seats and late tourer door chains please?  I only need one in this instance but a supply for future would be good.
https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1...em-end-cap

Could this be the thing?

Ian
It isn't Ian but thank you for the suggestion.
I thought it seemed a bit too easy!

Ian
The ones you linked to are perfect for trimming the ends of hidem banding on hoods, I have some here and use them regularly. They could work but are a title big for what I am looking for.

Thank you for suggesting them.
Hi,

The only thing that I can see that looks anything like a 3G2222 end cap are these items for Lambrettas!  They seem to be 1/2" as per the Austin item?  There are various types.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASA-ITALIAN-...SwJstau-og

Regards,
Colin
Very helpful indeed Colin, thank you very much.
While getting rid of tinworms I found a number of ancient bifurcated rivets, about 1/8"dia with 1/4" dia heads  or maybe a little less on the top inside edge of the rear wheel inner wheel arch. They were at regular (~6")  intervals with the head on the inside of the car.
What might they have been for? Holding the soft trim in place perhaps? amazingly no sign of corrosion around the holes, and their legs were still splayed out & intact under the paint etc, despite being exposed to everything thrown up from the wheels.
If I've interpreted this correctly, I think they would have held a ply strip in place that the wheel arch Rexine trim would have been tacked to...
I agree with Hugh.