The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
Ruairidh - can you just clarify, for those with merely Accuspark distributors including an accuspark gear on t'end... do they need to do anything? (i.e. with no presence of a dynamotor?)
To be clear and accurate. There is no problem with the Accuspark distributor and gear. The problem is with the gear on the Dynamator which drives the distributor.

I spotted thIs problem first of all when I noticed peculiar backlash when manually operating the rotor arm. I then contacted Ruairidh fir him to check with his installations. He in turn got another to check.
1931 RN, 1933 APD
I personally have not experienced any issues with the gear on the bottom of the Accuspark distributor.

I know that hundreds of people are now using these successfully and if there was a problem it would have raised it's head by now.
Hi Ruairidh,

As allways your round three is brilliant ,no histrionics or laying blame .
Just a clear cut way to correct the problem.
We should all try the same approach then no need for pills.
Thank you

Colin
NZ
Thanks Colin, Roly must take the credit for spotting this one.

Thank goodness this one is an easy fix and appears not to affect anything else, onwards and upwards.
(17-06-2018, 09:15 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Thanks Colin, Roly must take the credit for spotting this one.  

Thank goodness this one is an easy fix and appears not to affect anything else, onwards and upwards.

I am not sure how I change the gear, as the disc at the end of the Dynamator fell onto the garage floor when I put the greased distributor into the drive so I glued it in with Gorilla glue

Isn't this the same as  jtoynton@cwgsy.net  highlighted on 29/5/18(on the other Dynamator thread)  that he had the same trouble and was waiting for his car to be recovered from Brittany
(17-06-2018, 09:10 PM)Colin Reed Wrote: Hi Ruairidh,

Thank you

Colin
NZ

what he said
(17-06-2018, 08:47 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: To be clear and accurate. There is no problem with the Accuspark distributor and gear. The problem is with the gear on the Dynamator which drives the distributor.

I spotted thIs problem first of all when I noticed peculiar backlash when manually operating the rotor arm. I then contacted Ruairidh fir him to check with his installations. He in turn got another to check.

Er - no - look under the post Dynamotor  - I must say that with all the various posts the failures are getting confusing.

I wonder about the unfortunate purchasers who aren't on this Forum.

With the seeming rash of faulty gears,  I  would be very cautious about the rest of the unit.

Tony.
(17-06-2018, 11:52 PM)squeak Wrote:
(17-06-2018, 09:10 PM)Colin Reed Wrote: Hi Ruairidh,

Thank you

Colin
NZ

what he said
Me too, or does that mean something else these days?

The good news is that, if I've read everything correctly, that there's been no electrical problems so far. You just have to be careful with the gears either end - so a new unadulterated component that's much better than a dynamo electrically and the same amount of care needed selecting gears as a dynamo - better all round. Well done Accuspark.
I agree, electrically its brilliant its just the gears letting it down, in saying that the one on my Ruby had to be replaced after 50 miles as it stopped working and one of the two prototypes gave up the ghost after 10 minutes running.