The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
(25-06-2018, 09:51 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: Colin,  yes its 12volt  and 6 volts, it's the gears that the problem at both ends , the bit in the middle are fine, but of course, Accuspark do not accept liability as they had an engineer inspect the gears and could  not see a problem, they were round and have teeth

'they were round and have teeth' - is that the Accuspark Engineers  Big Grin Big Grin
I had a matched pair of hardened distributor gears arrive today, should I have both fitted or just the one on the Dymomator ?
If you have both, you may as well fit both. I would.

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
Plenty of timing gears being sold as sets at Beaulieu yesterday, says something doesn't it.
What was the problem with Vince’s car in the end Nigel?
He wasn't sure, its a noise he has never heard before, he said it definitely wasn't crank or flywheel lose, it was just a very loud noise. the engine still ran,Derek Shelldon might know more as he went to tow Vince in and RH took him home after lunch. Of course, if he had a dynomator fitted I could understand the noise.
I hope he got it sorted, we drove right past his home on Saturday, en-route to my brother in-law’s house.
(02-07-2018, 08:45 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I hope he got it sorted, we drove right past his home on Saturday, en-route to my brother in-law’s house.

Hello, were currently working on a solution for this problem. Once we have the solution we will be letting everyone know but as for now they've all been taken off sale until were able to fit the problem, this is the message I received via Facebook site after voicing my concerns regarding the a7 dynamiter
Sounds like a sensible decision - the two I have are working as they should since I replaced the new gears with originals. Roly, I think, has a similarly positive experience after doing the same.
(02-07-2018, 07:46 AM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: Plenty of timing gears being sold as sets at Beaulieu yesterday, says something doesn't it.

No not really, Don was having a clear out, I bought a set not because I needed them but because they were only a tenner. He didn't sell many despite cheap price and most in good condition.